Monday, July 28, 2014

Peachy Cheesecake


Peachy Cheesecake 






There are these times that every passionate person who loves cooking encounters. Its when you have very low expectations  from a particular recipe because you have created it in your mind and have not even checked a recipe and the result is overwhelmingly good.

This time its a cheesecake. normally the most common way to make cheesecake is with cream cheese, it comes out smooth creamy and delicious and my past experience with cheesecake has always been a huge success but both the times I followed Simplyrecipes cheesecake recipe. It was baked and delicious.



On a Sunday evening I was faced with the need for a creamy sweet dish and scourging my refrigerator I realized my only option was something which is toned milk based. I have seen posts on cottage cheese cheesecakes on social networking sites but quite honestly when I searched for ricotta cheesecakes all of the recipes I came across had some amount of cream cheese and so I decided I could either be a coward in the ktichen for fear of failure or I could give my best shot and create something. What was scary is that I would be creating a recipe. perhaps it already exists but when I was preparing it I just used my instinct and even after it baked and was chilled I had my doubts but the next morning made me extremely satisfied. A creamy yummy cheesecake which was appreciated by all.



Here is what you need for 4 to 5 servings :-

1 and 1/4th cup cottage cheese made from 1 litre toned milk
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 peaches out of which 2 are blanched and pureed
1 small pack of digestive biscuits
25gm butter (kept at room temperature)

For the peach syrup for decoration

2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 peach
Few drops of lemon


Make your cottage cheese 1 hour before you start baking by bringing the milk to a boil and adding about 1 tbsp vinegar to it , let the cheese form on low heat and cover and let it be for 5 minutes and then strain and collect your cheese and cool it.

Start by first crushing the biscuits and then mixing them with the butter with your clean hands. Press down the biscuit mixture in a spring-form pan. preheat oven to 160C and place a tray of boiling water below the lower rack and then place the spring-form pan with the biscuit base in the centre of the rack and bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile blend the cottage cheese with  half the amount of cream and sugar till it reaches a creamy consistency. Take it in a large bowl and whisk it well till fluffy and add the cream and whisk and finally egg and keep whisking. Now bring a pan of water to boil and then place your peaches in the boiling water and let it cook for 2 minutes. Take them out and hold them under cold running water and then peel the skin and puree 2 of them in the blender. Slowly add the smooth peach puree to the cheesecake mixture. Whisk it and leave it for 5 minutes. You shall come back to see it thickened. Whisk it well and then pour it over the baked biscuit base and bake at 160 C for 1 hour to 1 hour 7 minutes. Let it cool down in the oven itself . After 30 minutes crack open the oven door and cool it for another 1 hour and then take it out and cool it till its completely cold and then chill in the refrigerator for over 12 hours.

To make the peach in syrup gently bring the sugar and water to a boil and add a few drops of lemon and add the sliced peaches which is skinned and then let it cook for 1 minute on low heat and cool it and top the cheesecake with this.



 Enjoy this creamy delight.

Tips


  1. Immersing the peaches in boiling water softens the skin to make peeling easy 
  2. The tray of water which is kept while baking the cheesecake ensures that the cheesecake remains moist and the cracks do not appear. 
  3. Cooling the cheesecake in the oven ensures that the cracks are kept at bay 





No comments:

Post a Comment