Friday, April 17, 2015

The Irish House, Kolkata , Quest Mall

The Irish House, Kolkata , Quest Mall 







When The Irish House had opened its wooden doors to Kolkata at Quest Mall , park Circus  I was mostly excited because of the name in anticipation of good cocktails and my presumptions did not disappoint me .

Caprioska 


The first trip sealed my fate since not only did they have a happy hours which they still do have from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. where you pay for one drink but get 2 the Caprioska on offer was refreshing and a perfect soothing drink for our hot humid Calcutta.

The interiors will remind you of a rustic European pub with the wooden beams and then there are those witty eye catching one liners one of which is sure to put a smile on your face.

I am one of those people who would judge a place by the food that they serve and we had ordered the beef nachos which has become a staple order every time I visit this lovely place. The nachos are in house made and thin crispy and a complete delight , the dips are fresh and a perfect accompaniment to the cheese grilled nachos with tender juicy beef as the icing of the cake.

The beef pot pie is another delight.

The music which starts slow does unfortunately get a bit too loud for comfort.



When Akriti invited us for over for a tasting of the menu from Irish House I needed no persuasion.

I was perfectly satisfied with the Mojito which had the right amount of alcohol to make me happy without overpowering the taste.

The chicken which was served was juicy and moist with that perfect crumb coat to make it crunchy and this is a lovely accompaniment to any drink.

For vegetarians they have a fantastic pesto pasta which I quite liked due to the creamy cheesy flavour but then again a bit of Parmesan cheese  goes a long way in transforming even the most mundane dishes to something which gives you a kick.

I had perhaps underestimated the section for desserts but the cointreau cheesecake which was baked and served warm made me extremely happy which means I am definitely going back for more. The cointreau gives it that special touch which makes it even more delicious.

 In comparison the dark bottomed kahlua verrine was a bit of a let down mostly because I prefer to to chocolate and coffee together since I feel it does some injustice to two beautiful flavours . I would have much preferred a strong coffee flavoured mousse.

Pesto Pasta 


Then again I would simply go back for those amazing cocktails , nachos and to explore the entire menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment