Saturday, October 26, 2013

Poached fish

Poached fish 







Lets face it, nobody has lost weight or remained absolutely stunning while thriving on thin crusted pizzas, delightfully cheesy baked delicacies, patisseries, butter and all things tasty, but healthy low calorie food need not always be tasteless. In fact if you are a real connoisseur of food your taste buds would surely appreciate a wide variety of tastes and this mild yet full flavoured fish is truly healthy as it is tasty.

Requirements:

1 Pomfret
4 cloves of garlic
1 tiny onion
1 tsp dried dill
Salt and pepper as per taste
1 wedge of lemon
Water

The olive oil is just brushed on the pan and the fish is put in it and it is cooked covered for half a minute on each side on low flame.

Now I started off by using freshly ground black pepper mixed with dried dill , salt , 1 wedge of lemon and water and slowly put it in the pan for the fish to delicately get cooked in all the flavours and something told me that some flavour is missing.

I shall be honest here. Today it is much more easy to be creative in your kitchen with the help of so many interactive platforms and I remembered somebody having mentioned making a no-oil fish with roasted garlic and onions. And that is what I exactly did. I flame roasted 4 pods of garlic and 1 small (tiny to be more precise) onion finely sliced and just added it to the simmering fish. After 10 minutes I was enjoying a delightfully healthy lunch.

I made the mistake of having a cucumber salad with balsamic dressing because the balsamic dressing would overpower the delicate flavour of the fish. So I guess some roasted pumpkin or zucchini or carrots are the ideal accompaniments to this fish.





No comments:

Post a Comment