Friday, July 25, 2014

Peach Plum Tangy Salad

Peach Plum Tangy Salad 





To be fair there are people who love fruits and then there are people who do not. Well its not that simple, I know people who hate some fruits and love others. Well I fall under the simple category of people who love fruits. I love fruits and I especially like jazzing them up and using a nice fruit salad with some grilled meat.

Now I generally love fruits but there are some fruits which I adore and as it happens India which is so versatile offers such a range of fruits grown in the country itself it amazes me. So you have tropical fruits such as Mangoes, lichies etc then there is the winters when the markets are coloured orange with oranges from the hills but my personal favourite is the season of plums and peaches. It starts somewhere in June and continues to paint the markets peachy and a loving red wine colour till September.

I just love plump juicy peaches and plums and so here is a salad. The dressing is the icicng of the salad

Here is what you need for 1 serving

2 plump juicy peaches
2 to 4 plums depending on the size
1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion the green part

For the dressing

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of salt

Slice the fruits and chill. Just whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together , add the chopped spring onion and serve with some grilled meat.

Never ever use the dressing and store the salad else it becomes soggy.





No comments:

Post a Comment