Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chili pepper grilled chicken


Chili Pepper Grilled Chicken 







As a rule I always stock my refrigerator with a few regular items the day before I start preparing for a dinner party or lunch party to be thrown because in the days after the party one does feel tired to their very bone and then if you do not have ingredients for a healthy meal one usually has the tendency to reach out for the most unhealthy food items the worst of which is home delivered food from restaurants. This time I had successfully baked an American cheesecake , a pizza from scratch and two types of pasta which were and the next day I was hardly able to get out of bed. I half slept and half dozed the entire day but come evening and I was very hungry and I thanked the good lord for having stocked the dark portion of chicken in my refrigerator. In this case the dark portion means the leg and thigh of a chicken minus the skin because well does one really need the skin to add extra calories? Well sometimes you simply throw things in and what you create marvels you and thankfully this was one such day where I had some big chili peppers which were de-seeded , had some sour cream substitute  , some olive oil, fresh oregano, a couple of other ingredients and it truly was delicious. I am thereby sharing my chili pepper grilled chicken.



Serves 1

1 chicken leg + thigh
2 large chili peppers de-seeded
2 large cloves of garlic or 4 medium sized cloves of garlic
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp sour cream or sour cream substitute made from beforehand by adding 1 tbsp vinegar per cup of heavy cream and letting it thicken for over 24 hours to 48 hours in a warm place and then chilling it.
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt as per taste
5 to 6 black peppercorns
1/4th tsp brown sugar



Simply make sure your chicken has been thoroughly defrosted and make slits all across the chicken for better penetration of the marination and then give it a good massage with salt and 2 tsp sour cream. Now take the rest of the ingredients and make a smooth blend and then marinate the chicken with this paste for 2 hours and then grill it well on both sides.






You shall not regret making this delicious grilled chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment