Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Olive mint grilled chicken


Olive Mint grilled chicken 




The truth is that with the approaching summers my love for mint usually  wakes up and I keep buying bunches of fresh mint leaves and on a particularly hot summer night I was thinking of ways to use mint and chicken without having to take the usual paste of coriander mint and other Indian spices for grilling when I luckily remembered a jar of Pimiento stuffed olives which I have bought very recently. Now I usually do not venture into the zone of creating recipes without a mother recipe to take my cue from but this time my internet was not working and I had the opportunity to let my imagination flow. A quick gathering of ingredients and pounding later I was amazed and why not when the ingredients are all magical. Overnight marination later I was happily enjoying this amazing grilled chicken and decided it had to be shared with the world. The truth is I loved the idea of a recipe which combined olives and mint and so here I have Olive mint grilled chicken



Serves 2

Here is what I used :-

2 leg + thigh of chicken
1/4th  cup of fresh mint leaves
3 to 4 big cloves of garlic
7 pimiento stuffed green olives
15 peppercorns
Half tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme

Start by crushing the garlic with the mortar and pestle and add the mint leaves and then the black peppercorns, olives , thyme  and then slowly add the oil till you get a smooth paste. Add the paprika and salt and pound well to get an even mixture.


The marination


Marinate the 2 legs + thigh overnight and then simply grill and serve with a refreshing salad. I used some Mint tomato salad with this grilled chicken. Sink your teeth in this melt in the mouth chicken with the delightful flavours of olive and mint.


No comments:

Post a Comment