Thursday, April 17, 2014

Two cheese salad


Two cheese salad 




Summers and cool salads go hand in hand. One of my favourite ways of cooking in the unbearable tropical summer heat is to simply chop some salad and chill it and then make a dressing and that's that. You see while I love spending as much time as I can in the kitchen during the summers it becomes almost unbearable so here is a simple salad and if you have it by itself its quite healthy even with the cheese in it and if you are having it as a side might I suggest sharing it a bit :) This time I wanted a creamy salad and the cranberries which I added in the end on a whim provided that much delightful tangy delight. So here goes my recipe for a creamy cheesy salad 



Serves 1 

2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce 
1 large cucumber 
handful of dried cranberries 
28gm edam cheese cubed in tiny bite sized cubes 

For the dressing :-

3 tbsp feta 
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
1 tsp oregano 
Salt and pepper as per taste 

Simple cube the cucumbers and mix your salad and chill. Whisk the dressing together to get a smooth creamy dressing and pour over your salad and enjoy. Do not ever add your dressing when chilling because it leads to a lot of water coming out making the salad soggy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment